Before you can enter online, you’ll need to prepare several items. You will not be able to start your entry submission online and then come back later to complete it or modify it. We therefore encourage you to have all your materials ready at the time you begin your online entry.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Basic information such as business name, description, number of employees, 2017 revenues, and contact information
- Names and ownership percentages of anyone who owns 5% or more of your business
- Either a 30–60-second video or a photo + narrative/text response of 1000 characters less that answers the question, “What makes your business one of the best small businesses in your community?” Be sure to address why your business is one of the best in its community (which could be a geographic community, a community serving a certain customer base, etc.), how your business has helped the community, and what specific business successes you’ve achieved (such as people employed, revenue growth, customers served, etc.).
- By the time you’re ready to enter on this website, the video should be already recorded and uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. The video must be 30-60 seconds; shorter or longer videos will be rejected and you will need to restart your application. So please be sure your video is the right length before you start your application.
Additionally, for SCORE Awards entrants only (you must have worked with a SCORE Mentor in the last year to be eligible), you will need:
- Name and email address of SCORE Mentor(s)
Written response to the questions:
- How has working with a SCORE mentor helped your business? (750 characters or less)
- Please describe the specific ways that your business has been successful and how it will grow in the next year. (750 characters or less)
For a preview of the application requirements, please click here .